Ben Gill Park Pavilion
Rules & Regulations
All pavilion use is subject to the following rules and regulations.
Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations will result in the
forfeiture of deposit and/or suspension of reservation privileges.
The pavilion facilities are under the jurisdiction of the City of Terrell
and may be reserved on a space available basis by Terrell residents,
businesses, churches, and organizations.
1. The Ben Gill Park Pavilion may be reserved through the City Manager's office,
Monday through Friday, during business hours. For more information please
2. The Ben Gill Park Pavilion may be used for social functions such
as showers, parties or family reunions.
3. Reservations will be accepted from adults only, 18 years and older.
4. Parents, guardians, or sponsors shall be required to submit applications
for reservations for youth groups or individuals under 18 years of age
with on site supervision during the event.
5. Individuals must be residents of the City of Terrell and show proof
of residency when making reservations.
6. Individuals, churches, businesses, and community organizations must
be based within Terrell city limits.
7. All reservations shall be made no more than ninety days (90 days)
in advance from the requested use date and will be on a first come, first
8. Hours of operations for the pavilion are between 9AM - 11PM Monday
through Sunday with a one-hour (1hr) minimum between each reservation.
9. The pavilion area includes picnic tables 3 grills, lighting and electricity
is available. A deposit of one-hundred ($100) dollars, which is refundable
upon certain conditions and twenty-five ($25) per hour charge with a
minimum of two (2hrs) hours. (See # 27)
10. Full deposit is required in order to hold the reservation. Rental
fees must be paid in full no less than forty-eight hours (48 hours) prior
to reservation date. Non-profit organizations are exempt from the rental
charges, but a deposit is required. Non-profit organizations may be required
to document tax-exempt status.
11. If the applicant expects 100 or more persons to attend the event
it is required that a uniformed security officer be on site for security
purposes. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make arrangements
for security either through the Terrell Police Department or provide
in-house security with prior approval by the City. Arrangements for security
be made at least seven (7) days in advance of the event. All payments
for Terrell Police Department will be paid in advance at the current
rate for such special services.
12. Only four (4) reservations on non-consecutive days will be granted
per month to any one group or individual. Any additional reservation
cannot be made until the first four reservations have been utilized.
Of these four reservations per month, no more than two shall be allowed
on Saturday or Sunday.
13. If canceling a reservation, the individual whose signature appears
on the reservation application must notify the City of Terrell at least
twenty-four hours (24 hrs) in advance for a full refund.
14. The City of Terrell reserves the right to refuse or cancel any reservation
at any time.
15. Organizations are prohibited from charging admission and/or from
conducting fund-raising activities in its use of the facility.
16. The use of loudspeakers, amplifiers, or microphones, is prohibited
except with the prior written approval of the City Manager or his/her
17. Excessive noise or complaints from residents adjacent to the park
may result in loss of deposit and forfeit the opportunity to reserve
the facility in the future.
18. Alcoholic beverages in any form are prohibited in Ben Gill Park
and/or Pavilion facility.
19. All fires must be maintained in grill receptacles.
20. Vehicles will be restricted to designated parking areas only. Service
vehicles will be allowed to use the designated loading and unloading
21. All paper and waste shall be deposited in proper receptacles in
order to keep facility clean and neat.
Responsibility for damage to or maintenance of facilities resulting from
usage beyond normal usual wear will be assumed by the individual, group,
or organization reserving the pavilion.
23. The person whose signature appears on the Ben Gill Park Pavilion
reservation application is fully responsible for all participants using
24. User shall not be permitted to nail, tack, tape, screw or otherwise
physically attach materials to any part of the facility.
25. The applicant should inspect the facility prior to rental and report
any damages to the City of Terrell before usage.
26. The facility must be used "As Is". No special services
will be provided by the City to make the existing facility usable for
a specific purpose. The City will clean the pavilion as frequently as
possible. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide any cleaning
or products for their reservation date and time.
27. The individual, group, or organization is responsible for returning
the pavilion to its original condition following its use in order for
deposit to be reimbursed. Such determination will be made by the City
28. A City of Terrell representative will check the facility after each
use and will determine compliance with all rules and regulations.
29. In case of inclement weather 50% of rental fees will be reimbursed.
30. The applicant must have a copy of the approved Ben Gill Park Pavilion
Reservation Application during rental, to verify reservation in case
31. The individual, group or organization will abide by all rules and
regulations, set forth by the City of Terrell, both written and verbal,
and will not hold the City of Terrell liable for any injury sustained
while using the facility.
rules and regulations