Terrell Citizen's Police Academy
The Terrell Police Department offers concealed handgun instruction as
a public service to our citizens. See below for a
list of class requirements and schedule.
2013 Class Schedule
The above schedule is for new and renewal classes.
New licence classes run from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Renewal classes run from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.
To Register for class or if you have any questions email: email@example.com
Concealed Handgun Application
Concealed Handgun Applications can be obtained from the Department
of Public Safety. Click on the link then select “Concealed Handgun”
from the drop down menu under “Online Services”.
To Take The Class
- You must supply a handgun of at least .32 caliber or larger. If you
take the class with a revolver you can only carry a revolver with the
license. If you take the class with a semi-automatic you can carry any
type of handgun with your license.
- You must supply 50 rounds of factory ammunition for the handgun.
- You must supply eye and hearing protection. If you wear eyeglasses
that will satisfy the eye protection requirement.
- Bring a black pen.
- Dress appropriately for the weather the range is outdoors.
You may complete the following before or after taking the class:
(Renewal license do not require photos or prints)
- Fingerprints: The Texas Department of Public Safety
is mandating that all fingerprint submissions for Concealed Handgun
license be submitted through L1 Identity Solutions. Contact the nearest
office using this link and schedule to have your fingerprints taken
- Use this link to find the nearest location and schedule your appointment.
You can schedule your appointment online or call 1-888-467-2080 to schedule
The Application: Complete the Texas Department of Public
Safety Concealed Handgun Application using this web address.
You will be required to pay the license fee when you complete
the online application. If you complete the application before taking
the class, print out the receipt with the bar code and bring it to class.
- The cost of the class is $50.00 cash due at the time of the class.
Please cash only!!
- Classes for new license are 10 hours. Classes for renewal
license are 4 hours. Both classes start at 8:00 am.
Citizens Police Academy Web Site