The 73 employees of the Terrell Police Department are dedicated to the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, enforcement of the law, and preservation of peace through efficient and effective law enforcement services.
To protect lives and property, safeguard individual rights and liberties, reduce crime and increase safety by providing quality customer service and professional and responsibly aggressive law enforcement services in partnership with our community
Professional and responsible aggressive law enforcement is a philosophy that promotes a proactive approach to reducing crime and enhancing public safety. This aggressive stance against crime carries with it the responsibility to safeguard individual rights and liberties upon which our country was founded while utilizing all lawful means available to carry out our core mission - reducing crime, improving the quality of life, and working with our citizens to make our community safe.
Statement of Quality
The Terrell Police Department is an organization comprised of people of integrity, committed to providing total quality police service to its community in a responsible aggressive manner.
We will forge a partnership with the community based on mutual trust, confidence, commitment, and communication to maintain and improve the quality of life and promote the safety and welfare of our citizens.
The Terrell Police Department exists to meet the City’s objectives for the safety and well-being of its residents. In the continuing pursuit of quality, we are guided by the following core values:
In service to our community, we are driven by the following core professional values:
- Respect: We value human life, safety, and dignity, and commit to treating all human beings with the utmost respect, compassion, and concern.
- Integrity: We value ethical conduct - and are driven by our professional values and a firm commitment to public trust - which we are unwilling to compromise on the performance of our duty.
- Professionalism: By our conduct, goals, intent, character, and standards we shall vigilantly seek to constantly improve our ability to safeguard citizen rights, preserve peace, protect life, and instill a deep respect for the law.
- Diversity: We value diversity, and commit to nurturing a welcoming environment of inclusion, in which we recognize the unique skills, knowledge, abilities, and backgrounds of all people as our strength.
- Collaboration: We value teamwork and commit to cooperative goal achievement through active collaboration and partnerships with the community and with one another.
- Problem Solving: We value partnering with citizens to identify and impact the causes of problems within the community that contribute to the incidence of crime.
Find resources and tips for community safety.
Learn about the sub-departments of the Terrell Police Department.
Browse Police Department forms and documents.
This page is to aid Police officers in scheduling the use of the Terrell Police Department Firing Range.
Citizens who wish to make an inquiry, offer a compliment/praise, or file a personnel complaint with the Terrell Police Department may do so by contacting the Internal Affairs Unit.
Request crash reports and other reports.
We are seeking people dedicated to serving the citizens of Terrell to join our team.
Reserve the Rosenbaum Room located at Police Headquarters.
Learn about various services and programs of the Police Department.