The Terrell Police Department offers handgun license classes to the public. Classes are for new licenses only and run from 8 am to 1:30 pm.
To take the class:
- You must supply a handgun
- You must supply 50 rounds of factory ammunition for the handgun
- You must supply eye and hearing protection. If you wear eyeglasses that will satisfy the eye protection requirement
- Bring a black pen
- Dress appropriately for the weather - the range is outdoors
You may complete the following before or after taking the class, but the process must be completed in the following order:
- Application: License to Carry Handgun Applications can be obtained from the Texas Department of Public Safety. Select “Apply” at the bottom of their page.
- Fingerprints: The Texas Department of Public Safety is mandating that all fingerprint submissions for Handgun licenses be submitted through L1 Identity Solutions. Contact the nearest office using this link and schedule to have your fingerprints taken and submitted. Visit IdentoGo's website to find the nearest location and schedule your appointment. You can schedule your appointment online or call 888-467-2080 to schedule an appointment.
To register please email the Police Department, with your full name, address, telephone number, and any questions. Be sure to include the date of the class you wish to attend.
The cost is $50 due at the time of the class, cash only.