Rules for using the gun range are as follows:
- Clear weapons before removing them from a vehicle.
- Treat all weapons as if they are loaded.
- Never cover anything with the muzzle of the weapon you are not willing to destroy.
- The range officer is in charge of the range.
- Load on the command of the range officer.
- All weapons will remain holstered/secured while not on the line.
- Do not step off the line until you have holstered and secured your weapon.
- Keep finger out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- Ear and eye protection are mandatory on the range.
- Individuals who have consumed alcohol or any substance that may impair mental or physical faculties will not be allowed on the range.
- The range officer is required to sign in at the Terrell Police Department each time the range is used.
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
Note: Plastic 55-gallon barrels have been placed on the range for use as barricades or as portable tables. Please do not shoot them.