The Terrell Housing Department administers the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program formerly known as the “Section 8 Housing” program.
The Housing Choice Voucher program is federally-funded and regulated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The goal of this program is to provide rental assistance subsidies to very-low income families.
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
115 N. Adelaide, Suite 305
Terrell, TX 75160
- Phone: 972-551-6670
- Voice Mail: 972-551-6600 Ext. 256
- Fax: 972-551-6633
- E-mail: [email protected]
The mission of the Terrell Housing Department is to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing in compliance with program housing quality standards – for very low income families while ensuring that family rents are fair, reasonable, and affordable. Our department focuses on administering applicable federal and state laws and regulations to achieve high-ratings in compliance with measurement indicators while maintaining efficiency in program operation to ensure fair and consistent treatment of client serves.
- Promote a fair housing and an opportunity for very low-income families of all ethnic backgrounds to experience freedom of housing choice.
- Promote a housing program which maintains quality service and integrity while providing an incentive to private property owners to rent to very low-income families.
- Facilitate programs that will allow low-income families to gain the necessary tools for financial independence
- Administer an efficient, high-performing agency through continuous improvement of the PHA’s support systems and commitment to our clients
972-551-6670 - Ext. 257
972-551-6670 - Ext. 280
972-551-6670 - Ext. 258