Come join the force!
Police Officer Duties
The Patrol Division is an essential aspect of the department and where all new recruits begin their Police career.
Police Officer duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Enforcing traffic and parking laws.
- Participating in community policing activities.
- Participating in mandatory and elective training including firearms and defensive tactics.
- Patrolling their districts, responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary investigations, investigating traffic-related incidents, writing reports, pursuing and detaining suspects and making arrests.
- Preparing for and attending court appearances.
- Working with other police department units as well as other local, state and federal entities.
The Terrell Police Department offers a variety of ways to serve:
- Specialty Accident Investigations
- K-9 Handler
- Community Relations/Public appearances
- Criminal Investigations
- Hostage Negotiations
- Narcotics Unit
- Traffic Unit