Hand Gun Class
License to Carry Handgun
The Terrell Police Department offers handgun license classes to the public. Cost is $50.00. See below for a list of class requirements and schedule.
2018 Class Schedule.
The above schedule is for new classes.
New license classes run from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.
To Register for class, please send your full name, address, telephone number and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
License to Carry Handgun Application
License to Carry Handgun Applications can be obtained from the Department of Public Safety. Click on the link then select “Application” from the drop-down menu under “Online Services”.
To Take The Class
- You must supply a handgun.
- You must supply 50 rounds of factory ammunition for the handgun.
- You must supply eye and hearing protection. If you wear eyeglasses that will satisfy the eye protection requirement.
- Bring a black pen.
- Dress appropriately for the weather – the range is outdoors.
You may complete the following before or after taking the class, but the process must be completed in the following order:
1. The Application: Complete the Texas Department of Public Safety License to Carry Handgun Application using this web address.
2. Fingerprints: The Texas Department of Public Safety is mandating that all fingerprint submissions for Handgun license be submitted through L1 Identity Solutions. Contact the nearest office using this link and schedule to have your fingerprints taken and submitted.
Use this link to find the nearest location and schedule your appointment. http://ibtfingerprint.com/locations/?st=tx You can schedule your appointment online or call 1-888-467-2080 to schedule an appointment.
- The cost of the class is $50.00 cash due at the time of the class. Please cash only!!