All pavilion use is subject to the following rules and regulations.
Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations will result in the forfeiture of deposit and/or suspension of reservation privileges. The pavilion facilities are under the jurisdiction of the City of Terrell and may be reserved on a space available basis by Terrell residents, businesses, churches, and organizations.
1. The Ben Gill Park Pavilion may be reserved through the City Manager’s office, Monday through Friday, during business hours. For more information please call 972-551-6604.
2. The Ben Gill Park Pavilion may be used for social functions such as showers, parties or family reunions.
3. Reservations will be accepted from adults only, 18 years and older.
4. Parents, guardians, or sponsors shall be required to submit applications for reservations for youth groups or individuals under 18 years of age with on site supervision during the event.
5. Individuals must be residents of the City of Terrell and show proof of residency when making reservations.
6. Individuals, churches, businesses, and community organizations must be based within Terrell city limits.
7. All reservations shall be made no more than ninety days (90 days) in advance from the requested use date and will be on a first come, first served basis.
8. Hours of operations for the pavilion are between 9AM – 11PM Monday through Sunday with a one-hour (1hr) minimum between each reservation.
9. The pavilion area includes picnic tables 3 grills, lighting and electricity is available. A deposit of one-hundred ($100) dollars, which is refundable upon certain conditions and twenty-five ($25) per hour charge with a minimum of two (2hrs) hours. (See # 27)
10. Full deposit is required in order to hold the reservation. Rental fees must be paid in full no less than forty-eight hours (48 hours) prior to reservation date. Non-profit organizations are exempt from the rental charges, but a deposit is required. Non-profit organizations may be required to document tax-exempt status.
11. If the applicant expects 100 or more persons to attend the event it is required that a uniformed security officer be on site for security purposes. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make arrangements for security either through the Terrell Police Department or provide in-house security with prior approval by the City. Arrangements for security shall be made at least seven (7) days in advance of the event. All payments for Terrell Police Department will be paid in advance at the current rate for such special services.
12. Only four (4) reservations on non-consecutive days will be granted per month to any one group or individual. Any additional reservation cannot be made until the first four reservations have been utilized. Of these four reservations per month, no more than two shall be allowed on Saturday or Sunday.
13. If canceling a reservation, the individual whose signature appears on the reservation application must notify the City of Terrell at least twenty-four hours (24 hrs) in advance for a full refund.
14. The City of Terrell reserves the right to refuse or cancel any reservation at any time.
15. Organizations are prohibited from charging admission and/or from conducting fund-raising activities in its use of the facility.
16. The use of loudspeakers, amplifiers, or microphones, is prohibited except with the prior written approval of the City Manager or his/her designated representative.
17. Excessive noise or complaints from residents adjacent to the park may result in loss of deposit and forfeit the opportunity to reserve the facility in the future.
18. Alcoholic beverages in any form are prohibited in Ben Gill Park and/or Pavilion facility.
19. All fires must be maintained in grill receptacles.
20. Vehicles will be restricted to designated parking areas only. Service vehicles will be allowed to use the designated loading and unloading zone.
21. All paper and waste shall be deposited in proper receptacles in order to keep facility clean and neat.
22. Responsibility for damage to or maintenance of facilities resulting from usage beyond normal usual wear will be assumed by the individual, group, or organization reserving the pavilion.
23. The person whose signature appears on the Ben Gill Park Pavilion reservation application is fully responsible for all participants using the facility.
24. User shall not be permitted to nail, tack, tape, screw or otherwise physically attach materials to any part of the facility.
25. The applicant should inspect the facility prior to rental and report any damages to the City of Terrell before usage.
26. The facility must be used “As Is”. No special services will be provided by the City to make the existing facility usable for a specific purpose. The City will clean the pavilion as frequently as possible. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide any cleaning or products for their reservation date and time.
27. The individual, group, or organization is responsible for returning the pavilion to its original condition following its use in order for deposit to be reimbursed. Such determination will be made by the City of Terrell.
28. A City of Terrell representative will check the facility after each use and will determine compliance with all rules and regulations.
29. In case of inclement weather 50% of rental fees will be reimbursed.
30. The applicant must have a copy of the approved Ben Gill Park Pavilion Reservation Application during rental, to verify reservation in case of conflict.
31. The individual, group or organization will abide by all rules and regulations, set forth by the City of Terrell, both written and verbal, and will not hold the City of Terrell liable for any injury sustained while using the facility.