Become a Lifeguard/WSI
Interested in becoming a lifeguard or water safety instructor? The City of Terrell is always looking for a few individuals who are comfortable being around water, passionate about water safety and enjoy working outside in a fun environment, while serving others.
We will be hosting a lifeguarding class on May 3- 5, 2019.
- Friday, May 24th, 5 p.m- 9 p.m.
- Saturday, May 25th, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 26th, 8:30 a.m – 6 p.m.
There will be a re-certification class Saturday, May 4th at 9 a.m.
Students will learn the following skills:
- First Aid
- CPR for the professional rescuer
- How to utilize an AED
- How to respond in the event of an emergency
The class will be taught by a Red Cross Certified instructor.
- Must be 15 years old
- Able to complete 300-yard swim with face in water
- Treading water and retrieving a brick from the bottom of the pool
Registration closes on May 1, 2019. Participants are required to register by emailing [email protected] After registering, each participants will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to create an account with the American Red Cross.
Registration Fee for Certification: $250 per person
Water Safety Instructor Training
We will be hosting a Water Safety Instructor class May 8-11, 2019.
- Thursday, May 8th, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Friday, May 9th, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday May 10th, 5 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Sunday May 11th, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
This course trains Water Safety Instructor candidates to teach the courses in the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understanding of how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants’ progression over time. The courses include Parent and Child Aquatics Levels 1 and 2, Preschool Aquatics Levels 1-3, Learn-to-Swim Levels 1-6, three adult courses as well as the Basic Water Rescue and Personal Water Safety courses.
The class will be taught by a Red Cross Certified instructor. In the event that inclement weather prohibits training, additional training classes would be held May 18-19.
- Must be 16 years old
- Able to complete the precourse session which includes a demonstration of his or her swimming skills at a Learn-to-Swim Level 4.
Registration closes on May 7, 2019. Participants are required to register by emailing [email protected] or [email protected] Each participant will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to create an account with the American Red Cross.
Registration Fee for Certification: $350 per person