201 East Nash St. P.O. Box 310 Terrell, Texas 75160

Utility Billing

The Utility Department handles billing for water, sewer, and garbage collection services.

Office Hours:

  • Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
    After Hours Repair Services: 469-474-2700


  • 201 East Nash
    Terrell, TX 75160



  • Payments for services are due on or before the fifteenth day of each month.
  • A check returned to the city for any reason stated thereon shall be assessed a fee of forty five dollars ($45.00) A customer shall pay the amount due on the original billing, plus the insufficient funds fee, within three business days of receipt of notice from the city of a returned check.
  • You can now Pay Your Utility Bill Online, using your credit card, with complete security. Once your account is set up you will be able to access the payment area with your unique login and password. First-time users may register up by clicking on ” new user”.

If you have questions about your utility bill, meter readings, or payment, call or visit the Utility Department office during regular office hours.

If your service has been discontinued and you think this is an error, contact the office during regular hours. If service is discontinued for nonpayment, the full amount of the bill and a reconnection fee must be paid before service is reinstated. For more information, call the City of Terrell and ask for the Utility Billing Department at 972-551-6600.

New Service:

The City of Terrell provides water, sewer, and garbage collection service for residents and commercial customers. New utility customers are required to come to the Utility office (201 East Nash Street) to establish an account. You will be asked to provide proper identification and to pay the necessary deposits. Residential service requires a deposit of $100.00 plus a $35.00 connection fee. Commercial accounts require a deposit of twice the estimated average bill for service. Contact the office for more information.

Transfer or Disconnect:

Contact the Utility office to transfer service to a new address or to disconnect your service. Make transfer/disconnect requests at least 24 hours prior to your move. When an account is closed, the deposit is applied to the final balance. If there is no balance, a refund check will be issued.

If you live in an area that does not have City water or sewer service, contact the Engineering Department at 972-551-6600 for information and requirements for service.